visits: 09176 | last on: 2023.01.27
RESEARCH HOMEPAGEjump to: About | Publications | Links
Concern for man himself and his fate must always be the chief interest of all technical endeavors ... in order that the creations of our mind shall be a blessing and not a curse to mankind. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.
- Albert Einstein, 1931
Tsezár F. Seman, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Physics - Northern Illinois University
Advanced Photon Source - Argonne National Laboratory
|address:||Argonne National Laboratory|
9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
|phone:||+1 (630) 252-1835|
|fax:||+1 (630) 252-3222|
Theoretical condensed matter physics
Large-scale exact diagonalization of quantum spin models
Quantum magnetism in Kagome lattice
Strongly correlated electron systems
Theory of K-edge resonant inelastic x-ray scattering
Symmetry-based atomic scale theory of lattice distortions
Curriculum Vitae (pdf) - Official
Detailed Personal Résumé (web) - Unofficial
Recent Scientific Activity
- Photoinduced nonequilibrium dynamics in charge ordered materials,
Linghua Zhu, Tsezar F. Seman, Michel van Veenendaal, Keun Hyuk Ahn,
Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 123, Issue 11, (2018), pages 115112(1-10).
Link: AIP - JAPDOI: 10.1063/1.5018045
- The many faces of quantum kagome materials: Interplay of further-neighbour exchange and Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction,
Tsezar F. Seman, Cheng-Chien Chen, Rajiv R. P. Singh, Michel van Veenendaal,
- Momentum dependence in K-edge resonant inelastic x-ray scattering and its application to screening dynamics in CE-phase La0.5Sr1.5MnO4,
T. F. Seman, X. Liu, J. P. Hill, M. van Veenendaal, K. H. Ahn,
Physical Review B, Vol. 90, Issue 4, (2014), pages 045111(1-17).
Link: APS - PRBDOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.90.045111
- Role of complex energy landscapes and strains in multiscale inhomogeneities in perovskite manganites,
K. H. Ahn, T. F. Seman, T. Lookman, A. R. Bishop,
Physical Review B, Vol. 88, Issue 14, (2013), pages 144415(1-15).
Link: APS - PRBDOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.88.144415
- Strongly momentum-dependent screening dynamics in La0.5Sr1.5MnO4 observed with resonant inelastic x-ray scattering,
X. Liu, T. F. Seman, K. H. Ahn, M. van Veenendaal, D. Casa, D. Prabhakaran, A. T. Boothroyd, H. Ding, J. P. Hill,
Physical Review B (Rapid Communications), Vol. 87, Issue 20, (2013), pages 201103-201107.
Link: APS - PRBDOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.87.201103
- Effects of rare-earth ion size on the stability of the coherent Jahn-Teller distortions in undoped perovskite manganites,
T. F. Seman, K. H. Ahn, T. Lookman, A. Saxena, A. R. Bishop, P. B. Littlewood,
Physical Review B, Vol. 86, Issue 18, (2012), pages 184106-184115.
Link: APS - PRBDOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.86.184106
- Symmetry-mode-based classical and quantum mechanical formalism of lattice dynamics,
T. F. Seman, J. Moon, K. H. Ahn,
Emerging Materials Research, Vol. 2, Issue 1, (2012), pages 5-16.
Link: ICE - EMRDOI: 10.1680/emr.12.00023
- Dissertation: Theoretical studies of structural and electronic properties in transition metal oxides,
Tsezar F. Seman, New Jersey Institute of Technology (Fall 2012)
Link: NJIT - Digitalcommons, PDF
ROLES AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Argonne National Laboratory, APS Science 2017
Tsezar F. Seman - See page 177.
Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL; ANL-18/14, ISSN 1931-5007, August 2018
Link: PDF - APS Science 2017
- National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC)
Tsezar F. Seman - Principal Investigator (2015 - present) to large scale computational project, titled: X-ray spectroscopic studies of transition-metal compounds.
- American Physical Society - March Meeting 2015,
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas (March 2015).
Link: (Session Z28, Kagome Antiferromagnets II)
- 8th International Conference on Inelastic X-Ray Scattering - IXS 2013,
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park, California (August 2013).
Link: (SLAC IXS)
- Mira Performance Boot Camp - ALCF 2013,
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility, Argonne, Illinois (May 2013).
- American Physical Society - March Meeting 2013,
The Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, Maryland (March 2013).
Links: (Session W17,CMR Manganites) | (Session G17, Improper Ferroelectrics)
- Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network – CMCSN Fall 2012,
Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL (September 2012).
Link: (Time-Resolved Spectroscopies)
- American Physical Society - March Meeting 2012,
The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Boston, Massachusetts (March 2012).
Link: (Session L9, Theoretical Techniques for Oxides)
ACKNOWLEDGED FOR CONTRIBUTION:
- Flat energy bands within antiphase and twin boundaries and at open edges in topological materials,
Linghua Zhu, Emil Prodan, Keun Hyuk Ahn,
Physical Review B 99, 041117(R) (2019).
Link: APS - PRBDOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.99.041117
- Book: Theory of Inelastic Scattering and Absorption of X-rays,
Michel van Veenendaal,
ISBN-13: 978-1107033559, ISBN-10: 1107033551, (2015).
Links: Cambridge - Books, Amazon - Books
- Book: Differential Geometry of Varieties with Degenerate Gauss Maps (CMS Books in Mathematics),
Maks A. Akivis, Vladislav V. Goldberg,
ISBN-13: 978-0387404639, ISBN-10: 0387404635, (2004).
Link: Amazon - Books
Various Web Links and Affiliationstop
© 1999-2020 Copyright Szeman.com